Friday, September 19, 2008

Poetry.Com - Idea

Poetry.com - Submission Ideas
by: Susan, Sue, and D.A.

After much laughter and ridicule of Poetry.com on the BBB-S list, we decided to try and make a poem on the EC-S list to submit as a group. Though participation was lacking, and a little splintered with several "Starts" to poems ...

Broken.
See the broken dreams by the side of the road.
Discarded and abandoned, my soul about to implode
I sigh as I reach down to pick up a piece of my life.

***

Food.
"Why does it torture me?" I sigh as I eat another piece of cake.
"Stop" I implore, as I continue to partake.
I seem to keep eating putting on pound after pound.

***

(or I'm giving you a hard time ...)

Or maybe it is I giving you a hard time..
The least you could do it write in a rhyme!

I guess that wouldn't be a crime
Perhaps we'll create something that's purely sublime?

I think it's possible... it could be fine!
I hope everyone will submit a line

No comments: