Friday, September 19, 2008

A Poem - June 2008

A Poem - June 2008
by: Susan, D.A., Marie, and Doghouse

To get the group moving, Susan started a poem for everyone to contribute to.

I saw you take your last breath,
You last breath while looking at me.
You told me you were blind,
But I know that you could see.


Especially when you flinched,
Everytime you turned your head towards me.
You saw what I had become,
I couldn't live by your decree.


In search of more honest love,
To greener pastures I did flee.
But it alerted the police,
When I shouted for glee


Then I fled like the wind,
I ran so far, so fast so free,
Leaving you and our life,
Like so much cluttered debris


Uninvited, you followed me
Unwelcomed, unwanted, and so lovely
That I didn't think twice,

when I gripped the end of the knife.



Do I listen or do I turn the knife to myself?
But Wait! There is arsenic on the shelf!
A gun in the drawer!
A bullet in silver, ever so pure!
Should I stab, should I shoot,
Or is poison the cure?


My beautiful devil
Do you see me now?
You go ahead and deny it,
You little cow!


"I see you" she exclaimed
"Come home to me"
And I knew I could bear to stay,
She could suck the soul from a flea.

No comments: