Tuesday, October 30, 2007

It's Quiet, Too Quiet

It's Quiet, Too Quiet

This poem came about when we were discussing what our next writing project should be. (The title reflects the subject line of the original discussion)

By: Susan, D.A., Sue, Doghouse, Qbryzan, Misty

I was so tired, I could hardly scream.
I wanted to sleep, and return to my dream.
But I was hungry and needed some ice cream.

So in my pajamas I wandered to the store.
Never thinking that in my PJs I looked rather hardcore.
In fact, its true, I could barely reveal more.

While along the way, I wandered upon a sight
I tried not to look, using all of my might
The grotesque figure gave me a fright

But I couldn't move, I was frozen in place,
Was that my neighbor's TV set showing The Amazing Race?

Rob and Amber were appearing for the 47th time.
But this time running it as a Mime.
And now someone's just tossed them a dime
But that won't pay for the Taxi this time.

No comments: